How do you report a Section 1244 loss?

To report a Section 1244 loss on your taxes input the loss on line 10 column (a) and the allowable loss in column (g) of Form 4797 and any excess loss is reported on Schedule D and Form 8949.

This article does not constitute legal or tax advice. Please consult with your legal or tax advisor with respect to your particular circumstance.

About QSBS Expert

QSBS Expert was founded by a group of entrepreneurs, investors, accountants and lawyers who came together when trying to navigate a QSBS situation of their own. We quickly realized that the regulations left a lot of open questions and the publicly available information was confusing to sift through…so we thought that others may also benefit from having a “go to” resource for all things QSBS.