You started your business to create value…why leave ~24% (or more) on the table?
QSBS Expert saves equity holders $2.38M for every $10M in exit value by helping them qualify for the QSBS tax incentive.
Learn how you could save 100% in Capital Gains Taxes on your stock
QSBS has implications for different stakeholders.
Explore the nuances.
Find out how our Proactive QSBS Management accesses QSBS eligibility and saves you the headaches of having to dive into years of history to determine eligibility at exit.
Frequently Asked QSBS Questions
- What is Section 1045 QSBS? Section 1045 of the tax code allows holders of Section 1202 QSBS to roll over their investments into a new QSBS investment if the QSBS is sold before the five year holding period has come to fruition. After the sale, to roll the Section 1202 gains over to a new QSBS investment there are a… Read More
- Do Limited Partner Venture Capital Investment(s) Qualify for Section 1202 QSBS? Individuals and pass-through entities are considered eligible investors for QSBS purposes. Venture Capital (VC) firms are formed under a limited liability partnership (LLP) legal structure, which is a pass-through entity. Therefore, limited partners (investors) in a VC firm will be able to take advantage of the Section 1202 QSBS tax exclusion if the portfolio companies… Read More
- Do My Stock Options Qualify for QSBS? Stock options could qualify for QSBS after they are exercised, but there are a few steps you should take before exercising your "QSBS stock options". If you are concerned about the tax implications of selling or exercising your QSBS stock options than you are in the right place. There are various aspects of options that… Read More
- Do I Need To Apply for QSBS? Whatever hat you are wearing (i.e. accredited investor, founder, employee, or contractor) you do not have to take any required steps when acquiring QSBS at the issuance date. Although legally there are no required steps the QSBS holder should still make an organized checklist before acquiring the stock. Creating a checklist involves compiling the correct… Read More
- How may the Biden Tax Legislative Agenda and Stimulus Impact QSBS? Among the many questions regarding changes that will be implemented by the Biden administration are the potential for changes to tax policy. The tax plan released by Biden before the election included a number of policies that would raise taxes on individuals with income above $400,000, including raising individual income, capital gains, and payroll taxes. … Read More