- Alternatives if your stock doesn’t qualify for QSBS or if you incur a capital loss Read More
- QSBS Rules by State Read More
- Do I Need To Apply for QSBS? Whatever hat you are wearing (i.e. accredited investor, founder, employee, or contractor) you do not have to take any required steps when acquiring QSBS at the issuance date. Although legally there are no required steps the QSBS holder should still make an organized checklist before acquiring the stock. Creating a checklist involves compiling the correct… Read More
- Do Limited Partner Venture Capital Investment(s) Qualify for Section 1202 QSBS? Individuals and pass-through entities are considered eligible investors for QSBS purposes. Venture Capital (VC) firms are formed under a limited liability partnership (LLP) legal structure, which is a pass-through entity. Therefore, limited partners (investors) in a VC firm will be able to take advantage of the Section 1202 QSBS tax exclusion if the portfolio companies… Read More
- Do My Stock Options Qualify for QSBS? Stock options could qualify for QSBS after they are exercised, but there are a few steps you should take before exercising your "QSBS stock options". If you are concerned about the tax implications of selling or exercising your QSBS stock options than you are in the right place. There are various aspects of options that… Read More
This article does not constitute legal or tax advice. Please consult with your legal or tax advisor with respect to your particular circumstance.