The Company You’ll Join
The CapGains platform improves access to tax incentives by increasing the transparency of the information necessary to claim them. Opening data access helps entrepreneurs and their earliest supporters, investors, employees and other stakeholders manage, monitor and ultimately benefit from tax savings designed to spur innovation and economic development.
- We are a rapidly growing, venture backed company in a nascent but growing space.
- CapGains Inc. was incubated out of The Legal Tech Fund, the world’s foremost early-stage venture fund focused on the ever-changing world of law and legal adjacent fields. Private markets tax automation and optimization was a sector they deemed so ripe for disruption, they couldn’t help themselves but to help launch a company in that space.
At CapGains Inc., we are helpful, transparent, punctual, and motivated. We are determined, educated individuals and experts in our field.
What We Believe
We believe that improving transparency of tax incentives helps make tax incentive programs work better, that doing so helps drive innovation and US economic growth, and that we can make this happen with the right team.
The Team You’ll Work With
- As a member of CapGains Inc. you will receive hands-on coaching and mentorship from CapGains’ founders, colleagues, advisors & investors
- You will embrace real responsibility. This role is focused on tier 1 startups, VCs, and late stage exits with some of the most marquee and celebrated unicorns of today’s capital markets
As we continue our rapid expansion, we are looking for team members who can help further deploy and refine the CapGains platform, which assists companies in evaluating their ability to issue QSBS stock. This role will crossover into product and content development, as learnings from the client side are interwoven in product enhancements. This is a position for someone who is drawn to the fast-paced environment of startups, who loves to engage with sophisticated stakeholders, and who prides themselves on a relentless motor, coachable nature, and their ability to thrive in a hyper-entrepreneurial environment.
Specifically, this Customer Success Role will be Responsible for:
- Meet with clients to walk through their QSBS analysis and address any QSBS eligibility questions that may arise
- Perform tax and legal research on key QSBS related questions
- Drive product education and adoption of CapGains Inc.
- Drive retention and growth among our customers and identify additional ways CapGains Inc. can support them
- Resolve customer issues as needed; proactively identify areas of risk and develop plans to address them
- Collaborate with all team members in an ongoing effort to improve our product
The Impact You’ll Have
By proactively engaging with customers, you will be responsible for improving our overall customer retention, securing our future pipeline for new customers and products, and driving change for the broader company and mission.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enthusiastic about joining our unique, operating environment: hyper-growth; lean; innovative; & value driven
- Working knowledge of QSBS (IRC Section 1202 and 1045) and other tax incentives such as Opportunity Zones
- Customer-centric, organized professional, who knows how to work in a dynamic environment
- Someone who takes their work seriously, but doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Beyond These Characteristics, below are some skills and capabilities which will help win the role:
- Goal-oriented with a bias towards action, and palpable sense of urgency
- Someone who prides themselves on their drive and non-stop motor
- Learning-obsessed, growth mindset, with the appetite to dive deep into technical legal and accounting code and legislation
- Persuasive verbal and written communications skills
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior-level clientele
- Tenacity and resilience with a will to persevere despite stumbles and rejections
- Prior experience working in a customer facing role working with startups
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships preferably in a SaaS environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect us via email at [email protected]