The Company You’ll Join
The CapGains platform improves access to tax incentives by increasing the transparency of the information necessary to claim them. Opening data access helps entrepreneurs and their earliest supporters, investors, employees and other stakeholders manage, monitor and ultimately benefit from tax savings designed to spur innovation and economic development.
- We are a rapidly growing, venture backed company in a nascent but growing space.
- CapGains Inc. was incubated out of The Legal Tech Fund, the world’s foremost early-stage venture fund focused on the ever-changing world of law and legal adjacent fields. Private markets tax automation and optimization was a sector they deemed so ripe for disruption, they couldn’t help themselves but to help launch a company in that space.
At CapGains Inc., we are helpful, transparent, punctual, and motivated. We are determined, educated individuals and experts in our field.
What We Believe
We believe that improving transparency of tax incentives helps make tax incentive programs work better, that doing so helps drive innovation and US economic growth, and that we can make this happen with the right team.
The Team You’ll Work With
- As a member of CapGains Inc. you will receive hands-on coaching and mentorship from CapGains’ founders, colleagues, advisors & investors
- You will embrace real responsibility. This role is focused on tier 1 startups, VCs, and late stage exits with some of the most marquee and celebrated unicorns of today’s capital markets
We are looking for a thoughtful and well-rounded Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team to help build delightful and technically sophisticated products. As an individual, you value team over personal success, and will work with a team of developers. You will play an important part in our engineering practice, launching the CapGains Platform, implementing new features, optimizing performance, and building beautiful user experiences. You will be responsible for making key architectural decisions in the lead up to our inaugural product launch, and ensuring that our technology decisions align with our business goals.
Specifically, this Software Engineering Role will:
- Work directly with designers and engineers to build functionally flawless user experiences
- Develop and deploy a data model custom-built to suit the needs of the business
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code
- Optimize the web applications for maximum speed
- Influence how and what we build with demonstrated technical expertise and full understanding of user experience and interfaces
- Provide code reviews for fellow web developers
- Adhere to excellence in software engineering best practices, and instill the same discipline and experience to other team members
- Write effective APIs
- Work closely with product owners and cross-functional team members to define and implement technology-based business solutions
- Implement release management continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automation
- Understand and implement technologies across the full web stack
The Impact You’ll Have
By working on our state of the art platform, you will be responsible for building tools that allow companies and investors to create additional wealth by taking advantage of tax incentives,, and driving the technology foundation for the broader company and mission.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or related field
- You have 5+ years of experience in designing and building web applications
- 2+ Years of experience in React/Angular/VueJS Frameworks
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer, developing desktop & mobile applications
- You are a skilled communicator and are comfortable articulating complex ideas and talking abstract concepts
- You have a deep understanding of SDLC, system design, data structure, algorithms and are comfortable working with highly scalable transactions-based applications
- You care about code quality and you thrive in a test-driven environment
- Enthusiastic about joining our unique, operating environment: hyper-growth; lean; innovative; & value driven
- Someone who takes their work seriously, but doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Beyond These Characteristics, below are some skills and capabilities which will help win the role:
- Goal-oriented with a bias towards action, and palpable sense of urgency
- Someone who prides themselves on their drive and non-stop motor
- Learning-obsessed, growth mindset, with the appetite to dive deep into technical issues
- Persuasive verbal and written communications skills
- Tenacity and resilience with a will to persevere despite stumbles and rejections
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect us via email at [email protected]